Photo

5Th Step Listener Text Online?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ApelM

ApelM
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, hiking, online community building.

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:59 PM

Is there a PDF or online version of the Workbook Appendix "Hearing a Fifth Step"? I couldn't find it among the conference-approved literature.

Background
A friend from another fellowship graciously agreed to hear my fifth step. I would like to give her the text in the appendix, preferably without spending $15. If I have to scan the text to be able to send it to her, I'll do that. If it would help the fellowship, I could post it here too.

I'm doing the steps in a co-sponsor meeting because we don't have any sponsors locally. My guess is that this situation is pretty common. If you've dealt with it, I would appreciate your ES&H.

Cheers,
--Apel

Edited by ApelM, 05 September 2010 - 02:00 PM.

To thine own self be true.

#2 75Janice

75Janice
  • Members
  • 2,650 posts
  • Interests:I am re-entering the world after a serious chronic illness. ACA is important to me. My hobbies are almost all academic. I am an original Beatles fan, a member of their fan club. in the sixties. Rock music is important in my life. Law and politics are my avocation.

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:05 PM

Someone in administration should know. There may be copyright problems. It would be nice if the entire bk could be accessed here. For all I know, it might already be downloaded. Scholarships for people in financial need might be a good idea.

#3 Clark L

Clark L
  • Members
  • 222 posts
  • Interests:I've humbly asked the Universe to remove my shortcommings.

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:37 AM

I did a quick gogle and found plenty of guides for AA, but none for ACA. I'm sure they would be very similar in purpose, but content would be slightly different. So if I were in your shoes, I would scan it and send it. Then recommend to ACA to post it here and get permission or wait for it to happen.

That's just me :)

Clark
"Spirit needs matter to become substantial; matter needs spirit to become meaningful." -UNKNOWN

#4 Marty Y

Marty Y
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:58 PM

I cant imagine that scanning the areas pertinent to hearing the fifth, just for the sake of working it, would matter,-but im no lawyer. Im sure one of the Mods will pick this up.

I am in the same boat, locally, and cant find a sponsor. I will likely hijack a few Al-anon/ACA meetings (heh heh) until I have a few folks who want to start a group. I am familiar with a format of working fifth steps with several other people at a time.

I keep thinking about a story about the first Canadian AA member, who read an article in the 'Saturday Evening Post'(1940's), which was famous for attracting people in droves. The guy had to write 'world services' and ask if anyone could hear his fifth step. He did it through correspondence, and eventually world services gave his name out to every other Canadian who wrote to them. Before long, he had hundreds of people writing him and getting in contact, so he was responsible for seeding the entire Canadian AA fellowship.

Edited by Marty Y, 18 September 2010 - 06:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users